There was an issue with your input
Your Security Is Our Priority
Fidelity is committed to using the latest technology to guard client information and accounts. We also provide opportunities for you to enhance our security measures by taking some actions on your own. See what we do to enhance online security, and what you can do to protect yourself.
What we do
Identify / Protect / Detect / Respond / Recover
Protecting critical infrastructure, including physical and virtual systems, assets and applications, as well as client data, from cyberattacks is a top priority for Fidelity. It’s also a priority for us to communicate our approach to protecting critical infrastructure, including our client-facing platforms and data.
The extensive controls and risk management programs we have in place are best described using a five-part risk-based framework established by the National Institute of Technology and Standards (NIST). This framework was created in collaboration with the technology industry and provides a set of risk management principles and best practices intended to improving the security and resilience of critical infrastructure.
How to Protect Yourself
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- We encourage you to turn on 2FA on accounts where it is available
Install security updates regularly:
- Keep your equipment firmware updated
- Keep your wireless routers updated
- Keep your software and OS updated
Set strong login credentials and passwords
- Never share your passwords with anyone
- Don’t reuse login credentials from financial accounts for other online accounts
- Don’t use easy-to-guess dates or words in your passwords
- Monitor your accounts frequently