There was an issue with your input
Saving for College and K–12 Education
A 529 plan is an essential benefit you can offer families—one that's increasingly crucial to helping them save for college and K–12 education costs. But today, achieving a successful plan is even more challenging, given that college and private school costs are outpacing inflation.
Constructing Client Portfolios
Deliver Your Value through Portfolio Construction
College Savings Tools
- 1. Fidelity Investments 2016 College Savings Indicator Study, August 2016.
- 2. Fidelity Investments College IQ Survey, October 2017.
- The College Savings Planner and State Tax Deduction Calculator are offered and maintained by Archimedes Systems. Fidelity Investments is not affiliated with Archimedes Systems.
- Federal law requires that all investments in a 529 account be made in cash.
- The Fidelity Advisor 529 Plan is offered by the state of New Hampshire and managed by Fidelity Investments. If you or the designated beneficiary is not a New Hampshire resident, you may want to consider, before investing, whether your state or the designated beneficiary's home state offers its residents a plan with alternate state tax advantages or other state benefits, such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors.
- Any earnings on nonqualified distributions are subject to federal income taxes at the Distributee's rate as well as a 10% federal penalty tax.
- Units of the portfolios are municipal securities and maybe subject to market volatility and fluctuation.
- Before investing, consider the plan's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact your investment professional or visit institutional.fidelity.com for a free offering statement. Read it carefully before investing.