There was an issue with your input
Fixed Income Essentials
Help investors understand opportunities in today's fixed income environment.
Recent Viewpoints & White Papers
- * These classes are classes of their respective Fidelity retail funds.
- Investing involves risk, including risk of loss.
- Investment decisions should be based on an individual's own goals, time horizon, and tolerance for risk.
- Bloomberg (BBg) U.S. Aggregate Bond Index is a broad-based flagship benchmark that measures the investment-grade, U.S. dollar-denominated, fixed-rate taxable bond market. The index includes Treasuries, government-related and corporate securities, mortgage-backed securities (agency fixed-rate pass-throughs), asset-backed securities, and collateralized mortgage-backed securities (agency and non-agency). Bloomberg (BBg) Municipal Bond Index is a market value-weighted index of investment-grade municipal bonds with maturities of one year or more. IA SBBI U.S. Long-Term Corporate Bond Index is a custom index designed to measure the performance of long-term U.S. corporate bonds. S&P 500 Index is a market capitalization-weighted index of 500 common stocks chosen for market size, liquidity, and industry group representation to represent U.S. equity performance. IA SBBI U.S. Intermediate-Term Government Bond Index is a custom index designed to measure the performance of intermediate-term U.S. government bonds. Bloomberg (BBg) Short Treasury Index includes aged U.S. Treasury bills, notes, and bonds with a remaining maturity from 1 up to (but not including) 12 months. It excludes zero coupon strips. Bloomberg (BBg) U.S. Treasury Index is a market value-weighted index of public obligations of the U.S. Treasury with maturities of one year or more.
- It is not possible to invest directly in an index. All indices are unmanaged.
- Fidelity Conservative Income Bond Fund can invest in securities that may have a leveraging effect (such as derivatives and forward-settling securities) that may increase market exposure, magnify investment risks, and cause losses to be realized more quickly. The fund is not a money market fund and will have a fluctuating NAV.
- Not NCUA or NCUSIF insured. May lose value. No credit union guarantee.
- Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of FMR LLC or an affiliated company.