There was an issue with your input
Choosing a Government Money Market Provider
The relative stability of government money market funds (MMFs) and ease of use make them an attractive short-term investment option for institutional liquidity managers.
Key characteristics of government money market funds:
- Transact at $1.00 and are not subject to SEC liquidity “gates and fees”
- Are required to own 99.5% government securities, cash, and/or repurchase agreements collateralized by the same
- Generally offer continuous purchases and redemptions until 5 p.m. ET
Assets reflect demand for government MMFs
Assets under Management
Government money market mutual fund industry assets exceed $3.9 trillion.*
The approximately $10.7 trillion short-term government securities market provides a liquid investment universe for government money market funds.**
- Source: iMoneyNet as of 9/30/22. Includes both institutional and retail share classes.
- * Source: iMoneyNet as of 9/30/22.
- ** Source: JPMorgan, 12/31/20. Assumes $8.7 trillion in eligible government securities and tri-party repurchase agreements plus $2 trillion in Federal Reserve Reverse Purchase Agreement capacity.
A trusted name in money markets, Fidelity offers:
Size and Scale
Fidelity is the largest provider of government money market funds and has vast experience to support a wide range of liquidity management needs.
Depth and Breadth of Resources
A highly experienced team of portfolio managers, analysts, and dedicated traders drive a robust investment process.
Intensive risk management and stress-testing helps minimize downside volatility.